Sunday, May 25, 2008

911

No, not 9/11, just 911. Mine. I was given a new drug to add to my Advair/Spiriva dynamic duo, something called Singulaire, or something like that. The problem is that after taking Singulaire for just two nights, Wednesday and Thursday, I became extremely ill, really barely able to breathe at all. I've been trying to tough it out through Memorial Day Weekend, but a trip to the grocery store today resulted in a couple's insistence that I contact 911 to receive emergency help. In fact, they contacted them for me, and I was punched and prodded for some time from the driver's seat of my car, and then from within the back of the ambulance as we headed off to the emergency room. I'm still pulling tape off me from that place, but I have to admit they were very good, and it wasn't a situation in which I was kept waiting at all, or even put through admitting. They didn't want me to leave, either, and I had to sign a waiver saying I was leaving against doctor's orders. But I'm hanging in there, and maybe feeling slightly better, although I've got a ways to go before I'm even back to what I've been calling normal. I don't plan on exiting just yet. This year is too interesting and important to leave now.

No comments: