Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The First Entry

Hi Folks,

I'm starting this blog so I can begin sharing my thoughts with any who care to read them. I will try to create several new entries every week, and develop content on various topics that are of interest to me. I suspect I have a modest ability to express myself, and I spend a fair amount of time gathering information that may be useful to others. I want to create a record of thoughts and reactions to my subset of the sea of information through which we move, and try to maintain contact with my "common sense" of us, as opposed to just myself.

I take this effort very seriously. I apologize if this introduction reveals little about the specifics of my upcoming content, so I'll share a few details about myself. I'm a Boomer, and for the moment I'm "on sabbatical" (translation: I've quit, at least temporarily) from a major software company due mostly to health reasons. I'm a longtime smoker, and it's caught up to me. I'm far from wealthy, but I probably don't need to go back and work for a living any more, so I'm using this time to do extensive reading and reflection, including Zen meditation. I live on the West Coast now, but grew up in Ohio as a zealous Cleveland Browns fan. Oh, and I tend to be liberal, although I've lived long enough to know my opinions are just that, and the real truth is what we agree on, not what I think or you think.

I hope to continue this blog for a long time, and I hope I can offer something of use for those of you who pass this way. Sorry if this initial entry's usefulness is marginal, but it says one thing that's very important.

Hello! :)

No comments: